IRCTC allows full refund on tatkal ticket cancellation if your condition meets the certain criteria.
IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) grants no refund on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets/duplicate Tatkal tickets except in case of certain circumstances, said Indian Railways on its portal- indianrail.gov.in.
IRCTC’s Tatkal tickets booking rule is revised on a regular basis. Now that the festive seasons are here once again, people make some last moment travel bookings and, to help them, the Indian Railways has made provision online tatkal ticket booking.
Tatkal ticket bookings are allowed in all classes except the first AC and executive class, according to IRCTC. Tatkal booking opens at 10 am for AC classes and 11 am for non-AC classes, one day in advance of the actual date of journey excluding the date of journey, said Indian Railways.
Here are the circumstances under which full refund is granted on Tatkal tickets:
1. If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours late ( from the originating point and not the boarding point, both are different), the passenger can claim a complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges on booked tickets.
2. If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger does not want to travel.
3. If the train’s route is diverted and boarding station and the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
4. If the coach in which Tatkal accommodation is provided has been detached from the train and the passenger is not offered accommodation in the same class.
5. If the party has been accommodated in the lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given the refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any, said Indian Railways.
Tatkal ticket booking charges as per IRCTC 2018 rules:
According to the railways’ official website, here are the new booking charges rules for 2018.
|Travel Class||Minimum Tatkal Charges (INR)||Maximum Tatkal Charges (INR)||Minimum Distance (KM)|
|AC Chair Car||125||225||250|
|AC 3 Tier||300||400||500|
|AC 2 Tier||400||500||500|