Do you know, what makes a site good?
Is it just about the Quality of the content? Is it just about the Design and how the site looks?
The site speed matters a lot, and it has equal importance like content and the theme of the site. And your site might be fast but not fast enough, right? And there comes the CDN.
CDN- Content Delivery Network. If I say this in my words, it’s a group of servers placed in different parts of the world.
Imagine, you are in a country “A”, and you have signed up for a CDN provider having servers in the country “A”.
- Person B opens your site from Country B.
- Servers of CDN Provider in Country B sends the data to Person B.
And this is how CDN works. While the CDN is not activated the data should come from Country A which will take a lot of time and so, don’t you want to use CDN?
To increase the page loading time. So, you might be thinking that what changes can it make when a site loads one or two seconds faster.
Imagine that you are going to buy a smartphone and as usual we’ll check many sites for Price variation and offers.
- Clicked on Site A and it opens in less than 1 second.
- Clicked on Site B and still waiting to load after 10 seconds.
So, what will do then? Will you wait for site A to load completely or close the tab and search on the fast site?
So, a second can make a huge difference in business.
- Imagine, you opened two blogs searching for information. The first blog loaded fast but not much explained about the thing you want to know. But the second site is not completely loaded and still loading but have detailed explanations.
Which site will you choose to read or will you close both the tabs and look for any other site?
Here’s the list of few but the best CDN service providers.
- One of the best CDN provider and trusted by many popular websites like WPEngine.
- Pricing starts at $9/month with 100GB bandwidth for two websites.
- A free trial is available only if you use 15TB a month.
- Works best with W3 Total Cache, you can quickly setup MaxCDN if you have installed W3 Total Cache plugin.
- Includes the free plan, which is most popular.
- Includes free SSL certificate with the free plan.
- Pricing starts at $20/month for the first website and $5 for the each following sites.
- CloudFlare doesn’t charge for bandwidth.
- Includes free trial for 30 days with 25GB bandwidth.
- Pricing depends on the location.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Pricing starts at $0.12 for the first 10TB.
- It’s one of the best CDN services.
- Twitter is using this service for fast loading of their site.
- No trial plan.
- Free trial for 30 days.
- Pricing starts at $99/month for 256GB of bandwidth.
- Microsoft uses this service for faster loading.
So, here are some of the best CDN service providers and which one you are going to use?
Every CDN Providers mentioned here are good enough for any site. But if you think you still need help in choosing the best,
- MaxCDN: If your’s is a big site with millions of pageviews every month. Also, it’s one of the best CDN providers.
- CloudFlare: If you want a free CDN service or an affordable service use this.
- KeyCDN: If you want an affordable CDN, use this. It provides free trial for 30 days.
You can ask your questions or tell us the suggestions in comments.