Did you know that you can now use your LTE (4G) and 2G/3G phone for HD Voice and Video calls? Want to know, how?
Have you heard about Jio SIM or JioJoin?
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. recently launched a new SIM called Jio, which has high internet speeds ranging till 70 Mbps. Now you can enjoy crystal clear HD Voice/Video calls using Reliance Jio 4G. And you need an app to use this service, JioJoin.
What is VoLTE?
VoLTE means Voice over 4G LTE network. We can say it’s 4G for now.
What is Jio SIM?
Jio SIM is a SIM card launched by Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. which can be used in the 4G device with the Android App JioJoin. The app is available for Android devices with Android Versions 4.0 and above. Sorry, iPhone app will be available shortly.
How do I install the JioJoin App?
1. Download the JioJoin App from Google play store and Install it.
2. Grand the permission to start using the app.
3. Now allow JioJoin to Turn ON/OFF Bluetooth.
4. Now, register your Jio SIM with the app and start using it.
What should I do, if my phone is 2G/3G and not 4G?
You can buy JioFi, the WiFi device and insert your Jio SIM on it. So, you can use WiFi on your 2G/3G phone. This is how you can make your non-VoLTE phone to VoLTE.
I think, some of the main questions are answered. But still, there are few more things that you must know.
To use Jio SIM, you should have a 4G phone or JioFi for 2G/3G phones.
For 2G/3G devices,
- Download android app JioJoin.
- Insert Jio SIM on JioFi.
- Connect your device with JioFi hotspot.
- Now, configure JioJoin with your Jio SIM number and it’s ready to use.
Some important things to remember :
If you are using JioSIM on LTE/4G phones, you should download JioJoin app and the SIM should be there on the phone connected to the internet to register for JioJoin then it replaces your dialler.
What makes JioJoin special?
- The HD voice and video call is the best feature of JioJoin. You can enjoy crystal clear HD voice or video calls using JioJoin. All you need is a Jio SIM and JioJoin app on your Android device.
- Rich Call : This is the important and most useful feature. You can indicate the urgency of your call on the receiver’s screen. So, He/She can think twice before cancelling the call.
- Like messenger apps, you can send and receive messages, images, videos and other files of various formats. You can also set it as the default messaging app on your device.
- You can call anyone who is using and not using JioJoin. You can call and receive calls from even landline phones.