Everyone who has a website or blog wondered at least once, how sites like ShoutMeLoud, Quick Sprout getting thousands of subscribers and readers almost every day?
The answer is- Targeted Traffic and Quality Content.
Do you know, how important these two are in the growth of the site?
What is Targeted Traffic? And Why you don’t need a non-targeted traffic?
There are two kinds of visitors, some come to the site in search of something they want, they want to know that particular thing or we can say that they are on the site for performing a specific action and some others keep browsing and comes to the site for nothing special. So, what kind of visitors you need?
It’s better to get ten visitors from targeted traffic than getting fifteen non-targeted traffic. Targeted traffic can generate leads but the probability of getting a lead from a non-targeted traffic is very less.Lead can be a sign up for the newsletter, but you won’t get that from a non-targeted traffic.
There are more chances for conversion when you have targeted traffic. Also, your reputation will increase with it.
How to Increase Targeted Traffic To Your Website or Blog?
- Search Engine Traffic : Search Engines are the great source of targeted traffic. A proper SEO optimization can increase your search engine ranking and also the targeted traffic. And you can also try advertising. Because paid search is also a targeted traffic. Whenever someone searches for a particular thing and if they open your link (paid search), it’s a targeted traffic which can give you lead.
Also Read : Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 2016
- Social Media : Social Media is a good source from where you can generate lots of targeted traffic. Join groups on Facebook related to your niche. You can also connect with people who have the same interest as you. Stumbleupon, Reddit, etc. generates more targeted visitors.
- Guest Blogging : Guest blog on other blogs in your same niche. So, you will get connected with more people with same interest and if you get a do follow link from them possibilities are there for getting traffic. But the possibility of getting targeted traffic is less in guest blogging.
- Use Quora: Ask questions and answer the question on Quora. If you are giving an answer, try to attach a link to your blog post with the answer to that question. More chances are there for getting targeted visitors from it. You can also try other forums where you can ask and respond to questions. You will also get a high-quality backlink from those forums.
Also Read : List of Top Forums
- Comment : I’m not sure, how effective is this method but still prefer it, because this too can give at least few targeted visitors but if you have good content in your blog, they will subscribe or come again to visit your blog. For this, comment on other blogs with the same niche. Also please try to write meaningful comments. Because everyone hate comments like
Wow, great article.
Great job, nice post.
So, better avoid this kind of comments and try to give meaningful comments.
- And the very important thing is, please try to engage with your readers in comments. When they ask any questions, reply them. They will be happy to see a response from you, and that will make them feel good and they will trust you. And keep that trust.
- Submit articles : Submit articles to directories, so that you will get a lot of targeted visitors if you have a good content. There are several sites where you can submit your articles.
Also Read : Article Submission Directories
- Buy Traffic : You can advertise your site on Search engines and social media sites. You can use Google AdWords, Bing Ads to advertise on search engines. You can also, use Facebook ads to drive traffic to your site. The traffic that you get from ads are targeted. Because they click on it only if they need it, and you need that type of traffic for better conversion and more engagement on your blog.
Please give your suggestions via comments.